Connect with us

Chelsea FC

Dortmund Reject Chelsea huge bid transfer as Man United refuse to admit defeat

Published

on

Borussia Dortmund have once again insisted that star winger Jadon Sancho is not for sale.

Chelsea have previously been linked with a possible move for the England international, who is also a top transfer target for Manchester United.

However, United have so far been unable to break Dortmund’s resolve, with the Bundesliga giants now doubling down on their insistence that he will not be going anywhere this summer.

Borussia Dortmund have reiterated their stance on Jadon Sancho

Sporting director Sebastian Kehl told Sport 1 : “We agreed that we had to show a certain attitude. And €80million are simply not enough for such a player. We owed that to the club and the fans. I don’t want to give him up either.

“Without Jadon this team is worse.”

Kehl also told Ruhr Nachrichten: “Jadon has trained well and professionally. He is happy to play football. Yes, someday he might leave for a new challenge but right now he is happy at Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Dortmund is happy to have him.

“He is here – and he will stay here. It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon, this team is worse.”

His comments come after United missed Dortmund’s deadline of August 10 to put together the £108m for Sancho, prompting the German club to dismiss any suggestion of a departure.

It remains to be seen where Chelsea’s interest now stands, with the club having already splashed out around £200m in this window.

The Blues are currently closing in on a £22m deal for goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes, with a deal expected to be confirmed imminently.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Copyright © 2020. Footballsocial