Connect with us

Arsenal FC

Edu receives Houssem Aouar transfer boost As premier league kick off, Lacazette decision made known to the public

Published

on

Lacazette “determined” to stay at Gunners

Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has appeared to commit his future to Arsenal by claiming he is “determined” to stay at the club.

The French striker was responding to rumours that he had been offered to Atletico Madrid in exchange for their central midfielder Thomas Partey.

“If this is true, no, it does not please me,” Lacazette told L’Equipe, “But what matters is the choice of the coach, his confidence.

“He’s the one who makes the team, not the managers upstairs in the offices, and I know I have his confidence.

“I am at Arsenal, I signed a 5-year contract to progress & win titles, I have another 2 years. I am determined to stay.”

The French striker was then asked whether the contract was ‘definitive’, and he responded: “On my part, yes.”

Arsenal handed Aouar boost

Arsenal have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar, as he was dropped for his side’s Ligue 1 clash with Bordeaux on Friday night.

The Gunners are interested in a deal for the midfielder and his absence from the starting XI suggests a move may yet happen this window.

“I get on very well with the Sporting Director (Edu),” Lyon sporting director Juninho recently told RMC Sport. “We spoke on the phone. Houssem Aouar is really well liked by Arteta.

“There were some discussions for Mattéo Guendouzi, who is also a good player.

“He was brought up during the discussion. But we don’t need his profile, we were very clear.”

Guendouzi rejects European trio

Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi rejected interest from Atalanta, Valencia and Villarreal to stay in North London, claims a report in ESPN, via the Daily Star.

The central-midfielder is widely expected to leave the Gunners this transfer window and has not featured in a matchday squad since his altercation with Brighton & Hove Albion forward Neal Maupay in June.

The 21-year-old has been back in first-team training this week but it is reported that the club are keen to sell him in this transfer window in order to fund investment elsewhere.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Copyright © 2020. Footballsocial